OET Preparation Course
The OET Preparation course is for medical professionals, such as doctors and pharmacists, who plan to take the Occupational English Test or to pursue a career or studies in medicine or a related discipline.
The course will prepare students for all four components of the OET test: Reading, Listening, Writing, and Speaking. Students will practice each of these skills extensively, through a wide range of practice materials created specifically for the OET. The course material focuses on helping students achieve a ‘B’ grade or higher on all aspects of the OET, while also improving their general grammar, vocabulary, spelling, punctuation, and pronunciation.
The course is administered by highly qualified and experienced teachers. Candidates will learn strategies to help them fully demonstrate their language ability during the exam, as well as regularly taking mock exams to help practice these strategies. All practice materials and mock exams are modeled on real OET tests to ensure that you are as well prepared for the test as possible.
Why study exam preparation at edutec?
Whether you wish to sit the OET as part of the process of becoming a registered nurse or you wish to go on to further study in a medical field at University, our custom-designed courses will give you the confidence and preparation you need to succeed.
The course will help you to:
- Refine your English Language skills for health and medical purposes as you prepare for the exam.
- Focus on improving your skills in each area of reading, writing, listening and speaking.
- Increase your knowledge of grammar, vocabulary and pronunciation relates to medical field.
- Learn about the exam and receive guidance from qualified experts on the questions and tasks you can expect in the exam.
What exactly is tested?
- Listening: listening and making notes simultaneously, recording points from patient history, lifestyle, treatment and complications, opinion or attitude, understanding purpose of communication.
- Reading: understanding purpose of clinical and non-clinical texts, point of view, and main as well as detailed points.
- Writing: understanding important information in case notes relevant to a specific reader, understanding purpose of a letter, prioritizing patient information, tone and formatting of a professional letter.
- Speaking: pronunciation, fluency, the ability to put interviewee at ease while leading the conversation, show understanding of medical vs. patient issues, and use the appropriate tone and language.
- Start Date 26th May 2022 05:30 PM
- End Date 16th Jun 2022 07:30 PM
- Address Online Led by Instructor | Mob: 60017173
- Provider EduTec
- Duration 26 Hours, 3 days a week, every Saturday, Monday & Wednesday
- Language level IELTS 6.5 or C1 equivalent plus background in the medical profession
- Language English