English in the workplace 2 training for SCH staff
English in the workplace 2 course is totally customized to fit the Qatari workplace needs, and more directly relevant to adult professionals to communicate more effectively in their workplace.
Aims of the course – English in the workplace 2:
- To master the participant’s comprehension of spoken English when used in meetings, presentations and discussions.
- To improve the participant’s ability to write business texts in English namely letters, memos and minutes of meetings.
- To practice an analytical approach to a participants writing by looking critically on written assignments.
- To expand the participants vocabulary.
- To improve the participants ability to speak effectively in various business situations, e.g. Negotiations and discussion between clients and colleagues.
- To familiarise the participant with various materials and practice selected tasks within areas of interest.
- To increase grammar awareness.
Course Outline – English in the workplace 2
- Back in the office
- Visitors to the company
- Down to business
- The presentation
- Questions and answers at the presentation
- Closing the meeting
Conference calls and international correspondence
- On the phone to Australia
- Emailing Australia
- Starting the telephone conference call
- Ending the telephone conference call
- Making plans by email
- Telephone small talk
- Arranging the business trip
- Priorities for the business trip
- Dealing with questions in the conference call
- Written invitations
- Business trip details
- Changes to the schedule
- Welcome back to the office
- The project review
- Starting the video conference
- Discussing problems in the video conference
- Finding solutions in the video conference
- Ending the video conference
- Duration 6 Days / 2 days a week (Sun & Tue) from 7 pm to 10 pm
- Language level Pre-Intermediate to Upper-Intermediate [A2-B2]
- Language English